About Me

My photo
I became a single Mom a year and a half ago and I am Mom to 2 amazing girls who are my motivation for everything I do in life! I want to create a legacy and make a difference in their lives. I want to teach them the skills and give them the tools they need to be all they were created to be! I am a student of Dani Johnson on www.danijohnson.com and my goal in 2014 is to become a facilitator for 2 of the Dani Johnson programs, Grooming the Next Generation for Success and Gems. I am in the process of writing several books including a cookbook and putting together healthy cooking classes that I will be helping to teach! I grew up Amish in northeastern Ohio and left the culture in 1995 when I became a born again believer in Jesus Christ. I have travelled to Brazil, Guatemala, and Haiti on short term mission trips since becoming a Christian in 1995. Please feel free to post comments or questions and I will always do my best to answer any questions you have. If you have problems posting to the blog feel free to send me an e-mail at barbarakeim72@gmail.com God Bless you! Bountiful Blessings, Barbara Kay

Friday, April 2, 2010

It's Been A While

Wow! It is amazing what a difference a year can make! So many changes that have taken place in my life. My husband lost his job in February, 2009 and it has been a rollercoaster ever since. He has some health problems that prevent him from doing just any job so it took a while to find a job. He is now working as a school bus driver which he is not particularly fond of. I received my Nurse Aide license last summer and I worked at the Veteran's Home for several months until I went back to school. Then the schedule and my school schedule didn't want to mesh! So I was unemployed for several months. I finally got a job with Amy's school as a Content Mastery teacher and their school bus driver. Now as far as the bus driver I had to go through the steps of getting my CDL and I had to put together the bus route and everything before I started driving as they had never had a bus route up to this point in time. So now I work 11 hours a day, I go to school part time and I do my best to still be a good wife and Mommy. OK, so much for the update.

I am excited and looking forward to this summer getting here! The nice thing about working at a school is having your summers off. My goal is to finish my cookbook and my other book and I have the found an amazingly sweet lady to help me get it published. I am so excited I cannot contain myself! In addition I hope to continue my blogging and eventually my blog will become my second book!

My babies keep growing more amazing every day and my prayer is I will be able to teach them well and to teach the love and acceptance that comes from the throne of God, my Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment